Dark Chocolate Cherry Truffles
12/04/2017 2:42 PM
These truffle treats are for all the DARK chocolate lovers out there. Thanks to the amazing Hazel & Cacao who has come up with a recipe that's quick, easy and delicious. To make this recipe even better, these goodies are completely raw (an Easter treat without the refined sugar)! One of the main ingredients of these truffles is raw cacao which gives a bittersweet taste. Raw cacao has a high antioxidant content that has been shown to help with ageing, metabolism and increasing your mood.
- About 20 fresh cherries - pitted
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 ½ TBSP freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 ¼ cup medjool dates - pitted
- 2 TBSP cashew butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder plus extra for rolling
- Make your own almond meal by processing raw almonds in a food processor until they turn into a flour consistency or use ready made almond meal
- Pit your cherries and dates and add them to the food processor along with the almond meal
- Add all reamining ingredients to the food processor and blend until well combined. You may need to add more almond meal if the mixture is too sloppy
- Roll into balls and roll around in cacao powder to cover
- Place in fridge or freezer for about 20 minutes to set. Enjoy!